Tuesday, March 6, 2012

catching up.

So, it's been a few months again.

I didn't figure out if there's a blogger app. I should do that.

I've been home sick all day (like icky puking sick) and now suddenly can't sleep and am wide awake. Odd. So I decided I should visit our little blog and even though my stomach hasn't been able to keep anything down, I've made some Mother's Helper tea that will hopefully be both easy on the stomach and sleep inducing.

I am going on an all-expense-paid trip to Whitecourt this weekend! HAHA, not generally an exciting thing, but that's where Kris is working, and I get to stay with him for free and his food allowance is plenty enough to cover both of us, so off I shall go to Whitecourt. A lady my mom works with used to live there, and is adamant that they have many lovely shops that I will enjoy to browse and spend my money in. Looking forward to that ;)

Being the conformist rebel I am, I've finally decided on my next tattoo. Following in the footsteps of my current ones, it has a charming cheese factor with a bit of cute to it. It will have the silhoutte of two birds on the top of my right foot, with the script 'if you're a bird, i'm a bird' adjacent to it. The quote is from The Notebook, which alone makes me swoon. Being the cheeseball I am, I really wanted a relationship/wedding commemorative tattoo, and now I'm just giddy at the prospect of it! I'm hoping to book the tattoo soon, as long as I can back out of it if I end up pregnant.

And getting into the nitty gritty of my many failed attempts to make a baby, this month I've adopted a 'go with the flow' attitude that I had abandoned when I first started fertility drugs. I was trying to be relaxed, but also charting and ovulation testing and making sure timing was optimal and everything. And this month, nada. I still have to go for my ovulation confirming bloodwork in a week, but that's it. I took my drugs, but I'm just not worrying about it. God knows when He is going to send us a baby, or in the event fertility drugs live up to their street cred babies, and I am becoming really okay with that again. This happened to me last year too, as my chances to have a baby in a certain calendar year dwindled, I became kind of desperate. But I'm realizing my timing means nothing, God's timing means everything. My desperation will only negatively impact me, but relying on God to provide in His time will impact me only positively. So really, it's a no brainer. I still have to do everything I can do as far as trying drugs and what not, but I also know God is in this and He has a plan for us and all the future mini Richter's. And it's a good plan, a really good plan. I just have to have patience tempered with persistence, an interesting battle to wage for sure.

I really like having an iphone, it's truly an 'all in one' in my life. Kris suggested we not take our phones to Mexico and I went all teenage girl on that idea! How will I take pictures? How will I set my alarm? How will I check the forecast? I'm so dependent on this device, it's kind of sad. But also, so awesome at the same time. I sold my soul to Apple, and I have no regrets.

Speaking of Mexico, I am ELATED that the swimming suit finding expedition is finally completed and was successful. It sucked as bad as I thought it would, and I had to lower my standards a bit, but I'm happy with the outcome and excited for the fun shopping now. I need new sunglasses, beach reading and am convinced i *need* a big, floppy hat. Fun!

I wanted to go visit Rae and Kyle while I'm there, but it turns out it is like an 8 hour trip each way, so I don't think that will be happening. However, I'm 100% debt free which is SO exciting, we still have some student debt of Kris' to take care of, but it definitely frees us up to go on more trips in the near-ish future! Which is SO exciting, I really hope Kris catches the travel love while we're away and wants to see more places, I know these gypsy feet are itching to feel some new ground beneath them! It also has me legitimately considering home ownership which is crazy. It feels just crazy. We keep saying we don't want to buy until we can buy our ideal home (build new, outside of the city), but we're realizing that we hate renting, and are now readjusting our thoughts and thinking about town houses or duplexes. SO WEIRD that we're even having this conversation. But then I remember I'm 26 and married to a 30 year old and then it just feels like it is time to make this leap. Maybe we won't do it yet, but maybe we will. Who knows what the next 6 months hold!

And those are my random updates. I don't have any fun pictures to share, I will try not to break rules next time :) Love you friend, hope sleep has come far more easily to you tonight than it has to me! At least the tea is staying inside my tummy. Yay for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment